The duration of training in medicine is 6 years. It involves training in preclinical and clinical disciplines, as well as a one-year clinical rotation. The basic and special medical disciplines are studied in their logical consequence and interrelation. The teaching process is in agreement with the modern requirements of higher education in medicine. The lecturers and teachers with long years of professional, research and pedagogical experience, as well as the modern facilities and equipment, are the prerequisites for the excellent theoretical training and development of practical skills in the physicians graduating from MU- Plovdiv. After taking the State Examinations, the graduates obtain the educational and qualification degree of Master of Science and the professional qualification of physician. (source website)
Medical University of Plovdiv Faculty of Medicine
Foreign citizens applying to Medical University - Plovdiv must present the following documents:
1. Application form including brief biographical data, educational history and the courses for which they are applying;
2. Diploma (a copy) of completed secondary education with an academic transcript stating the disciplines studied.
The applicant should have taken Biology, Chemistry and Physics courses, with an average score of not less than 62 % of the maximum one based on the grading system in his/her country of residence;
3. Document issued by relevant authorities, certifying the right to continue education in higher schools and universities in the country of origin of the secondary school attended by the applicant;
4. Academic transcript, issued by a former university for students applying for a partial course of education;
5. Diploma (a copy) of a higher educational institution with a degree corresponding to Master and/or Bachelor for students applying for post-graduate specialization;
6. Document certifying command of the Bulgarian language - for those candidates who start without a Bulgarian language course;
7. Health certificate issued not earlier than one month prior to application and verified in the county from which the candidate is applying;
8. Two 4/5 cm photographs.
The diploma, academic transcript and health certificate must be translated into Bulgarian and legalized according to official state directives.
The documents (originals or certified copies) should be submitted to the Office of Academic Affairs of Medical University - Plovdiv by the candidates in person or by their representatives.
An admission committee reviews the applications and informs the candidates prior to the beginning of the school year, so that they can register as regular students.
Non-resident applicants are organized in English medium groups (Medicine) or study the Bulgarian language in a one-year preparatory course. Knowledge of English is verified by internationally recognized certificate, diploma from an English language high school or a test held at the University.
The deadline for submitting documents is the end of September.
The academic year starts in September and ends in July with a Christmas and Easter holidays; it is divided into two semesters, of l5 weeks each.
Starting in 2OO7 the diplomas issued by Medical University - Plovdiv are recognized by all member countries of the EU and EEU.
8 000 € - English program (annually)