Welcome to MedRookie!

Register for Free to join this amazing group of Medical enthusiasts and start discussing.

MedRookie
AAEAAQAAAAAAAAPpAAAAJDM2NWU3NGEzLWI3ODItNDQ0Ni1hM2RlLTZmMmU5ZGFiYjgyZQ.png

University Of Louisiana At Lafayette

5/5, 5 from 1 review
MCAT Required:
Yes
Program Duration:
1 Years
Accept International Students:
Yes
Web Address:
http://degree.louisiana.edu
Founded at the dawn of a new century, UL Lafayette began as the Southwestern Louisiana Industrial Institute (SLII).
AAEAAQAAAAAAAAPpAAAAJDM2NWU3NGEzLWI3ODItNDQ0Ni1hM2RlLTZmMmU5ZGFiYjgyZQ.png

Recent Reviews

1. DrEgan
    Undergrad School was Great
    5/5, 5 out of 5, reviewed Aug 11, 2017
    Doctor
    Administration:
    5.00/5,
    Class Size:
    51 - 100 Students
    Professors:
    4.00/5,
    Quality of life:
    4.00/5,
    Clinical Experience:
    4.00/5,
    Pros
    • + Located in Central Louisiana, part of the University of Louisiana System (which excludes LSU)
    Cons
    • - Lacks the facilities that LSU School of Medicine has to offer.
    Great School for Undergrad

While I didn't go to Med School at UL-L (it was USL when I went to school there for my undergraduate's degree. I was well prepared leaving USL to enroll and succeed at the LSU School of Nursing.

I became an LPN, then an RN, then an NP, and from an NP-C, CDE to a doctor. While I've run my own clinic for the past 15 years, I continued going to school until last year I finally became a doctor.

[​IMG]

While most of my post-graduate education occurred at various LSU Schools of Nursing and of Medicine, the groundwork was laid at USL, now UL-L. Had it not been for my time at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette, I wouldn't be Dr. Egan now, founder and CEO of the EGAN Wellness Clinic and the EGAN Skin Care and Med Spa.

Medical School Details

1. Founded at the dawn of a new century, UL Lafayette began as the Southwestern Louisiana Industrial Institute (SLII). Classes started in 1900 with 100 students gathering in a handful of classrooms dotting a barren patch of farmland. SLII's first president, 27-year-old Edwin Stephens, planted a grove of live oak trees near the entrance.

Now a few years into a new millennium, the University of Louisiana at Lafayette is a thriving and diverse academic community of about 18,000 students that now offers more degree Programs than the number of students in its inaugural class. We have become an international leader in computer science, engineering, and nursing. Our students learn from some of the world's foremost academics and researchers in their fields. A testament to our strong roots and fertile soil, both literally and metaphorically, that grove of live oaks planted by our first president is now a sprawling canopy of green on our thriving campus – a reminder that the nourishment we provide today grow and sustain our thriving community for generations to come.

Share Medical School

Is this your Medical School?

Own or manage this Medical School? Register now and Claim your Medical School for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.