Welcome to MedRookie!

Register for Free to join this amazing group of Medical enthusiasts and start discussing.

The International Version of the USMLE = IFOM?

Discussion in 'IFOM - International Foundations of Medicine Exam' started by MedEdGuru, Sep 27, 2014.

1. MedEdGuru

MedEdGuru Administrator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    The National Board of Medical Examiners (NBME), mostly known for the USMLE exam, created the IFOM - International Foundations of Medicine examination as The IFOM examinations measure the core knowledge expected internationally of students at critical points in their undergraduate medical education.

The IFOM exams carry out the NBME mission to protect the health of the public through state-of-the-art assessments worldwide.

IFOM consists of retired USMLE questions and the sliding scale is very similar to the USMLE scale - therefore your IFOM score will reflect what you may receive on the USMLE.

http://www.nbme.org/ifom/

• Like Like x 2
  2. QuickSelver

QuickSelver Active Member

Ratings:
    +113 / 0 / -0
    Based on what I have read about the IFOM exam there is no limit to how many times it can be taken? Would you know if this is correct?

3. MedEdGuru

MedEdGuru Administrator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    You can take the IFOM CSE three times in a year and the BSE once per year.

FYI - with the USMLE you can only have up to 6 attempts to take the exam.

4. Thomas Hall

Thomas Hall New Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I think trying to do practice ones will give you a chance at gaining knowledge and trying to pass the test the first time and do well. I think some questions are not needed as, they have no use to be in the questions and just there to see what we would do in the situation. The cost of doing it would be needed to know, otherwise you are spending money each time sitting it and not passing so need to have some practice and hope you can pass it the first time. I think the length is alright and the time given is suitable as you can relax that you will not run out of time when doing the exam and get stressed out at the end.