Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community around the world.

• MedRookie

Administrator
    April 19, 2015 at 10:53 pm
    martell_md, post: 532, member: 0 wrote:
    I will most likely be taking it this August or September. Then, based on my performance, possibly again after that![DOUBLEPOST=1429470879][/DOUBLEPOST]

I think you will definitely not need to retake as you’ve done your homework really well. All the best! (Y)
    I plan to take the MCAT sometime next Spring as by then I will have studied all the subjects on the new exam.

martell_md, post: 534, member: 0 wrote:
    Based my research and study methods thus far, I am glad to be taking the new one compared to the old MCAT. I am a Psych minor at my undergrad institution was I am glad to be able to show what I know in that subject area! One downfall of the new MCAT is the two additional hours it will take to complete the assessment, in comparison to the old MCAT.

I agree with you here, the new tests too long. Psych is an interesting science. May I ask what your major is? I’m a Bio major (with minors in Economics and Business Administration-Management).

martell_md, post: 536, member: 0 wrote:
    I will most likely just stick with my study books. ExamKracker has been the most helpful so far. I like having my own study schedule, instead of walking to the beat of someone else’s drum, per se.

Are you using ExamKrackers for all subjects? How are you preparing for the CARS section?
    Eagerly look forward to your posts in the thread QuickSelver shared.
    [USER=6]QuickSelver[/USER] you ask a lot of good questions. :)

martell_md, post: 538, member: 0 wrote:
    This is just a rough estimate, but close to 250hours. Also, forgot to mention this: about a year and a half ago I signed up for daily emails from AAMC with an MCAT2015 question and links to the correct answer and the rationale behind the answer. I have a binder with all of the daily email questions from the past year.

Would you like to share those questions? I have got a collection of MCAT 2015 questions too that I will post soon after my finals end next month.