Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community around the world.

  • MedRookie

    Administrator
    March 24, 2015 at 2:37 pm

    I agree that the two mentioned above are the most critical (USMLE scores and Clinical Experience). However I have also heard that a huge factor is how you interview. Two recommendations that were given to me to prepare for residency in the future were;

    1. Work on improving your CV/Resume.
    2. Show the program director that you are way above your CV and scores.

    When you really look at it 90% of the match is completely mathematical. 90% of people match (US Citizens) the other 10% go in favor of contacts, program director, luck and strategy.

    According to Einstein odds of getting matched will decrease each year
    “Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is Insanity”