Minneapolis, Minnesota & Rehovot, Israel – Stratasys officials announced they are seeking beta customers for a new software designed specifically to improve the Stratasys Additive Manufacturing solution for the production of jigs, fixtures, and other manufacturing tooling.
This new software component — called Jigs and Fixtures for GrabCAD Print— simplifies and automates print preparation for rapid tooling applications. This addition to the company’s solutions for rapid tooling further enhances the use of Stratasys’ robust industrial hardware and materials for creating Jigs & Fixtures on the factory floor.
Those using Stratasys 3D Printers for jig and fixture or manufacturing aids production and would like to participate in the beta software program may contact Stratasys at: Info.grabcad.com/beta, and select “Jigs & Fixtures” when completing the registration form.
Stratasys FDM Technology is used extensively for rapid tooling applications across industries to accelerate the production of fit-for-purpose jigs and fixtures to reduce cost and repetitive stress injury while improving cycle time and production flexibility. The new software will help industry streamline operations and improve efficiency for jig and fixture creation.
Embedded application expertise
Offered through GrabCAD Print, the software embeds application expertise, automates several complicated and time-consuming processing steps, and eliminates the need for multiple programs within the workflow.
Jigs and Fixtures for GrabCAD Print expands upon the capabilities offered in Stratasys Insight to streamline the toolpath planning process; increasing ease of use, reducing time and costs to create jig and fixture parts, and maximizing the value for Stratasys’ additive manufacturing solutions.
By accepting native CAD designs, the part’s original design intent is maintained. This eliminates the need for users to convert their CAD design to an STL file, which can result in key information being lost during translation.
With Jigs and Fixtures for GrabCAD Print, Stratasys offers tooling designers and manufacturing engineers a streamlined design-to-part workflow and a user-friendly path between tooling CAD design and additive manufacturing.
The solution is designed to offer the following benefits:
- Eliminates extensive design and processing knowledge as a barrier to implementation, opening up jig and fixture CAD design to more users, even first-time designers.
- Saves time and eliminates unnecessary iteration during the design and processing phase.
- Eliminates the need for formal software training because it’s simple and intuitive to learn.
- Eliminates need for third-party software, including STL-file fixing applications, due to its ability to accept native CAD designs.
- Enables tooling designers to easily leverage the design freedom potential in FDM technology.
- Simplifies workflow by automating key CAD functionalities used for jigs and fixtures design, such as auto-generating toolpath instructions, and it significantly reduces tedious file preparation tasks.
The Jigs and Fixtures for GrabCAD Print software is targeted to manufacturing engineers, tooling designers, and production managers, as well as service bureau programmers, executives, and owners.